Sunday, February 12, 2006

"Another one of those"

I hopped on over to the local Safeway to pick up some stuff, after waking up at 1 PM... Two incidents were kinda funny: first, there was this lady selling newspaper subscriptions at the door. She asked me if I wanted a subscription, and I mumbled out a "no thanks" She stopped me and asked "are you trying to quit?" I must have stood there a whole minute trying to figure out what she meant when she asked if I had a sense of humour at all :-) I made up the lame excuse that I had just woken up. Which was true...

The other incident was at the checkout. I was chatting up with the clerk (is it still politically correct to say that?) and he asked me what I do, when I replied "Graduate research assistant in double-E", he shook his head and said "hmm... another one of those" Guess we really are a dime-a-dozen.

1 comment:

the wannabe indian punkster said...

Well Desi's have reached new heights in Nerdiness and Geekiness!
Not surprising actually.........