Thursday, February 16, 2006

Snow day

Woke up this morning with a slight shiver... despite my stoopid room heater! Looked outside and all I could see was white. Another day where I had to put on four layers of clothes to beat the fscking cold! This morning it was -12 C outside (or 10 F as our metric-challenged friends would say...), but with the nice bright sunshine I thought the foot of snow would melt away. No such luck, because in the evening it was down to -16 C and I almost froze my palms to the radar site gate while locking up...

On the flip side, the stuff I'm working on, well, works! For the terminally bored, it's a radar waveform synthesizer, and today it actually synthesized arbitrary waveforms when told to do so :) I'm so proud of it I'll post some pix Real Soon.

There's something almost funny about the crunch snow makes under car tyres. Maybe it's old Beavis and Butthead-style gross-out humour, but hey, that's me! Snow itself, though, sucks. Despite my colossal Columbia snow boots, I still skate around all over the place! For now I'll just blame that on a defective inner ear and hope that I don't fall tomorrow...

Woohoo! I tried one of those online "personality tests" which cheerfully told me that the world leader I most closely resemble is... (drumroll)... Adolf Hitler! Gak... never saw that one coming. Apparently I don't trust people. :-/

2 comments:

kickassso said...

DSP huh? me is also stuck with something like that(for one of them SHARC's :P),but me will prolly leave it..can't code in C for nuts:(

Jim said...

We live 'n' learn... Incidentally, one of my first DSP projects involved programming a SHARC network. In C at that! Arun, one the guys in my project group, and I used to have these huge arguments about coding styles which caused quite a few raised eyebrows!