Saturday, February 25, 2006

Tongue Tied

How many times does it happen after you've passed puberty? When you're faced with someone who captures your interest completely, when you think that there may be a chance this person finds you interesting too? When you secretly hope, as crazy as the idea sounds, that things could be different, but then reality crashes back down? When all the thoughts running through your head buzz so loudly you can't hear yourself think? When all you could want is a sign, however feeble, of being acknowledged by another? When all you have to offer is a feeble "Please don't walk away and I promise to say something intelligent"? Why here? Why now? It's too soon, I'm not ready for this.

8 comments:

anna said...

how many times????
how many times ???
i really cannot count...

*sighs with a heavy heart*

vids said...

intelligent post...!! and very true indeed....

btw, donno how u got into my blog, anyways, thanx for posting a comment!!

Jim said...

Anna,
I lost track too. The worst part is to realize that most people left this behind when they were half my age. Or is that true?

Vids,
Thanks for stopping by! I found your blog through the Kerala Blog Roll.

Vinit said...

I know how it must have felt. But last time I felt that way was sometime back at cottons.

So yes, it's been a while for most of us.

VirginUpdates said...

wow..tat was fun to read.it still happens a lot to me.and i keep wanting a kick in the rear after I have goofed up.

Jim said...

Vinit,
Thanks, that's what I thought! Still a long way to go for me.

VirginUpdates,
Kicks in the rear seldom do good in this case, but a sympathetic ear often helps. Thanks for reading!

Muppala Suryaprakasha Borthakur said...

>>>The worst part is to realize that most people left this behind when they were half my age.

Infatuation knows no age? ;-) Just kidding.

-Muppala Suryaprakasha Borthakur

DJK said...

My prollem is I like too many people at once and I feel this way about all of em :D