Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Get Happy

This is one of the most amazing short films I've ever seen, More, by Mark Osborne. A moving story, the details of which I leave you to figure out as you watch the short, it's set to the ethereal Elegia, by New Order. Feeling depressed? Just Get Happy. Quicktime required. Batteries not included.

It was released way back in 1998, and was originally filmed in 65 mm IMAX format. A DVD version, with a documentary describing the making of the short, has been released and is available from www.gethappy.com.

It took a team of stop-motion animators nine months to complete... odd, given Mark Osborne's inspiration to make this short was the birth of his son.

2 comments:

Karthik said...

Haven't seen the movie as 'ell's IT policy restricts certain sites. Yet, given that I am now a proud grand 'dogdad', I might emulate the feat!! Can you believe it? Kazi has littered 8 pups, by god's grace!

Jim said...

You might emulate what feat? Karthik, are you telling me what I think you're telling me??? :-)