Wednesday, March 15, 2006

It's alive!

After many months, the CSU-CHILL radar was alive again! Somehow, no matter how many times you do it, there's always something exciting, something macho about getting a 500 kW transmitter to radiate again! Antenna drives down, we had to be satisfied with watching the beam bounce off the Rockies. There was some echo from a storm rolling in, which made for an interesting test of the signal processor.

That storm brought with it some pretty hefty wind, and for a while, the radar site looked straight out of a western, complete with howling winds (literally) and tumbleweed blowing around! At one point, I caught myself saying "This town ain't big enough for the both of us!" to the fencepost...

Here's a scan of my new board... ain't she a beauty? I learnt the trick to taking pictures of boards some time back: place them on a flat-bed scanner!

Without a care in this whole world
Without a care in this life
It's what you take that makes things right
And in my mind I'm everyone
In my mind I'm everyone of you
You make it right
It's all alright
You make it right
Porcelina of the oceans blue
Porcelina of the Vast Oceans,
The Smashing Pumpkins

4 comments:

quills said...

I apologize for being so IT challenged, but yeah it is definitely quite a nice shade of green. :)

Jim said...

Why thank you! I picked the shade out myself... :)

But seriously, there's no need feel apologetic about being IT challenged, in fact, feel proud you're not infected by the virus!

HeShoots_AndScores said...

Hey. Nice board.

Jim said...

Thanks, Harish!