Wednesday, March 29, 2006

No Rain?

It's funny how a song can sometimes bring back such vivid memories of a particular time, place or even a person. It happened to me again today while listening to No Rain by Blind Melon. Suddenly I was back in high school, hormones-a-ragin', a month after we moved to what would be our house for the next eight years (damn, that's long!) It was all filmi-ishtyle, when I caught a glimpse of... the girl next door. No no, I didn't burst into song (heh, that'd be a sight!), I just allocated an excessive number of CPU cycles. I knew it's hopeless, but hormones have a way of screwing up task schedulers. Anyway, for the next month or so, I kept having this recurring dream of walking over and asking her if she had a copy of No Rain, I don't know why. I never did that, though, and she moved in a few years.
And I don't understand why I sleep all day
And I start to complain that there's no rain
And all I can do is read a book to stay awake
And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape
escape... escape... escape...

All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
ya don't like my point of view
ya think I'm insane
Its not sane...it's not sane.
Some day I, too, will find my field full of bee-people to dance around with.

4 comments:

kart said...

Yup. what a song! What was the name of the girl Jim. Google!!!

quills said...

Funny :))..just a coincidence that I watched the same song on TV and was thinking back about my teenage years when it first played on MTV.

Jim said...

Jo,
Her name's Heather DeLoach. Hey, why am I doing research for you? :-p :-)

Quills,
Yeah, those were the good ol' days, when Music Television meant just that, and... dang, I sound like an old fogey in suspenders!

Vaish said...

I remember that song playing on MTV all the time. And I agree completely with this, Jim:
"It's funny how a song can sometimes bring back such vivid memories of a particular time, place or even a person."

Gosh! Happens to me all the time too!