Friday, May 05, 2006

Pressure

Tick tock!Time. The final frontier. The one thing we can almost simultaneously have too much and too little of. Both equally tragic. There's times when I think I'd never see the end of something, can't wait for it to be over, wishing I could reach escape velocity and break free from time's grasp. There's other times I find yourself mulling over "if I spend two minutes a day waiting for a bus, that means I waste a whole hour every month. A whole hour!!! DAMN!!!". For completely different reasons, though, there are times when I wish time would stop whooshing by, to smell the roses, as the saying goes. Once in a while, I get a chance, and guess what, I smell manure instead of the roses that grow in it. Bleah.

Tick tock, tick tock. Every minute I sweep under the rug is a ticking little time bomb, and the ticking's driving me nuts! Where's that light at the end of the tunnel when you need one?

This post is brought to you by Bleary Red Eyes incorporated. BRE, where the insomniac workaholics (and slave labourers) go. Crunchy goodness in every bite.

4 comments:

bharath said...

I hear you my brother. I hear you.

quills said...

Oh so true. There are so many times, when hours go faster than secs, especially when you are with a loved one or doing something you love, and there are times, when you keep glancing at the clock so many times, willing it to go a bit more faster.

Hope life is treating you well. :)

Ciao

Jim said...

I put a comment in here... I know I did... :-(

Thanks Bharath and Quills...

Nikhil said...

Calvin: You know how everyone says you should stop and smell the roses? Well, this morning I did. BIG DEAL! They smelled like a bunch of dumb flowers! It was the most mundane experience I've ever had! Who's got time for this nonsense! I'm a busy guy! I've got things to do! The LAST thing I need is to stand around with my nose in some silly plant!
Hobbes: I'm glad you found time for this edifying conversation.
Calvin: Yeah well, I'm going to have to wrap it up. My TV show is about to start.