Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Orkut: to pic or not to pic

Alright, I admit it, I have a profile on Orkut. With the usual crap on it, and the usual list of friends on the right, and the requisite list of communities I joined and then promptly forgot about (except for one, of course). One thing that was missing, though, was a profile pic. Which caused the occasional storm-in-a-teacup and much wastage of internet bandwidth. Apparently some people see this as a tease, so I decided that that I'll put aside the real reason I never posted a pic and take the plunge... quite literally, as it turned out. Now from fending off "why don't you post a pic" questions, I have to answer the "why a shoe of all things" questions. Why not a shoe? I love my shoes. They serve my feet well. A bit stinky and perhaps discoloured, with a worn out sole to boot (hmm... that is funny!), but they're all mine.

Oh, and my lousy skills at taking pix ensured that the real point of that pic (emphasizing about 40 feet of empty space *below* my shoe) kinda got lost in the madness. Joy.

It would seem my alarm clocks need to move up to fly-by-wire style quadruple redundancy. I have an array of three clocks to help me wake up... and today, all three failed. Blech. Had lots of explaining to do coz of that. Heh, then every morning would be like the opening of Floyd's Time.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

8 comments:

DJK said...

You need new shoes, kiddo.

quills said...

Hey! :) Well I decided lousy connectivity or not, I have to absolutely stay put and post my comment. :) Aah...you have a love affair with your shoes as well..well I have too, all though when it comes to shoes, it is with more than one at the same time. :) And hope you have checked the batteries in your clocks. That might help. :)

Grafxgurl said...

i HATe alarm clocks.. ive smashed a few in my life....whoever invented them needs to have a HUGE one buried with him/her and set to ring every one hour...LOUD ENOUGH TO WAKE THE DEAD!!

Jim said...

DJ,
Gee, thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Quills,
Thanks for taking the time, I can imagine how blogging on dialup can be a pain. Hey, I don't have a "love affair" with my shoes! I'm no Jayalalitha or Imelda Marcos!

Grafxgurl
I hear ya! They wake me up to the worst day of my life (ref: Office Space)

quills said...

oops..sorry. :) Did not mean that way..And hey you!! me neither. But I do like my shoes..the few ones I have any. :))

Grafxgurl said...

i LOVE OFfice Space!!!!!!

Rose said...

Great words..

U can upload a pic of ur shoes as the photo on ur profile.. Im sure they luk just B-E-A-U-tiful.. ;)

When al the alarm clocks in the world failed make an effect, now my room mate kicks me awake evryday.. Dats the only thing that can make my eyelids open in the morning..

:D

..Me

Jim said...

Quills
I didn't imply you had any Amma leanings, ok? :)

Grafx
It's way up there with Garden State and American Beauty in my books!

Rose
What part of "A bit stinky and perhaps discoloured, with a worn out sole to boot" did you misunderstand? :D Wish I had a roomie to kick me awake each morning... *sigh*