Monday, February 18, 2008

Free!

Well then, looks like I finally made it. The path I struck out on over a year ago is finally at it's end. Not being very good with words, I'll go with Jorge Cham's gems:

After some amount of general fooling around and getting busy with other things, it finally got down to this:


... six months later...


After some back and forth...

... I finally got close enough to defend.



Worked hard on doing the following to make up a "good" presentation:


Fortunately, it didn't turn into this:


In the end, besides a couple of crafty questions, I made it! I graduate!!! I get to... go back to doing exactly what I've been doing for 4 years now. sigh Oh well, it's not all bad. At least I won't technically be a student any more.

8 comments:

Grafx said...

FINALLY
!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY~~!!!!!!

( im glad youre done. now get back to posting!!)

Karthik said...

Congrats!!

A very, very eligible bachelor now:-)

Jim said...

Grafx,
I'll try, but I make no promises!

Karthik,
EEEEK! Why do you think I'm staying away from home now???

Snehal said...

Congrats. Now let's build that sweet amp we talked about....wait....I have to defend still...damn it!!!!

Jim said...

Thanks, Snehal. I'm looking for tube-amp stuff already :)

HeShootsAndScores said...

Congrats, Jim.
Is that it? Are you the proud holder of a "doctorate" now?

Jim said...

Thanks! Doctorate? Um, not quite, H. I've only got past the MS level, but I've had enough and I'm not going back for a PhD if I can possibly help it.

silverine said...

Congrats buddy! Welcome to the Solitaire Club err I mean working life! :)